Leopold Schepp Foundation Scholarships
Scholarship Sponsored by Leopold Schepp Foundation
1. Undergraduates must be under 30 years of age at the time of application. Graduates must be under 40 years of age at the time of application.
2. Applicants must have a minimum GPA of 3.3 on a 4.0 scale and must enroll full-time in a four year bachelor degree or approved graduate program.
3. PhD candidates who have only the dissertation to complete and who are not enrolled in class full-time are not eligible.
4. High school seniors are eligible to apply during their senior year in high school for their first year in college.
5. Applicants must be citizens or permanent residents of the United States.
6. Scholars who are requesting aid for a second degree at the same level for which a degree has already been awarded are not eligible to apply, for example, a second Bachelor's Degree or second Master's Degree.
7. Due to limited funding, the number of applications given to students enrolled in graduate study at medical, law or business school is limited.
8. A personal interview in New York City is required of all applicants. Travel expenses are not reimbursed.
9. Students who have previously applied for a Leopold Schepp Foundation Scholarship and who were denied an award are not eligible to reapply.
Primary considerations for awards are:
1. CHARACTER. References are required from academic deans or advisors, professors or teachers, employers, and personal associates.
2. ABILITY. Academic transcripts are required and must reflect a minimum GPA of 3.3 on a 4.0 scale.
3. FINANCIAL NEED. Awards are based on demonstrated financial need. The maximum annual award is $9,000. Applicants must submit copies of their and their parents' most recently filed income tax returns. A detailed estimate of academic expenses and resources is required.
Eligible scholars are expected to apply for financial aid from all possible sources including federal, state, college and university funding. The Foundation does not provide funding to cover debts already incurred.
Applicants will be notified of the Scholarship Committee's decisions in May. Awards are granted for one year only. However, those scholars who demonstrate their ability and continued financial need may reapply for renewal.